Jeff headed out of town for the weekend, which leaves me with a glorious stretch of two days in which to do whatever I choose.
Things I should probably do:
- Clean the house
- Finish pulling out items from my closet to give to Goodwill or trash
- Scoop Great Dane poop out of the front & back yards
- 5K on the treadmill or long walk outside at least one day
- Continue looking for a local volunteer opportunity (since the USO rejected me. Bastards!)
- Pick up sticks in the back yard: Jeff always asks me to do this. I still haven’t figured out if he wants me to actually pick up sticks or if it’s a euphemism for something else. Either way, I never do it.
Items noted on the list above have a 10% (or less) chance of being accomplished. I might clean the toilets since I like a clean bowl. I’ll probably also do laundry. The beer fridge is in the laundry room, so I’ll be in there frequently anyway.
Here’s what I’ll actually do this weekend:
- Download dirty movies on Netflix and let the dogs get on the couch with me to watch
- Drive the dogs around in my convertible to get BOGO Blizzards at Dairy Queen (one for now…one for later!)
- Put exorbitant amounts of bird seed in the feeders outside. (Jeff still doesn’t know I spend $60 every month on birdseed. He thinks birds just really like our yard).
- Sleep late without feeling bad about it.
- Put a dent in my backlog of reading. I have a stack of New Yorker’s mocking me from the table next to my favorite chair, and I just picked up the third Stieg Larsson book.
- Catch up with my brother and go somewhere to eat (which should be interpreted as hitting a bar for drinks)
- Front porch / back porch / backyard swing drinking
- Read blogs / Facebook / news online
You might read that list and think I’m a lazy, drunken slug. BINGO! You know me so well!
Have a great weekend everyone!