Friday, February 11, 2011

We did it ATL!

Big props to my fellow citizens of Atlanta for proving yesterday that we can operate on a "Business as Usual" basis while a bit of the white stuff is on the ground.  See?  That wasn't so hard, now, was it?

Now I'd like to raise you one: Can we all start using our turn signals when we're driving?  I know it's way too much to ask to use turn signals all the time, but how about we start by all using them when we change lanes on the highway?  I use mine all the time.  It's easy.  I swear!  If I can do it, so can you.

While I'm at it, I'd like to give a great big (theoretical) Jesus hug to the current Georgia legislators and new governor Nathan Deal for nutting up and telling the liquor lobby (who strongly opposes) that they're going to pass legislation to allow local voters to decide on liquor sales on Sundays in Georgia.  May be it will pass at the local level and may be it won't, but we're closer than we've ever been to showing the rest of the country that we're not all a bunch of bible-thumping, dog hunting, grit eating, cousin marrying rednecks.  Although some of us are (present company excluded).

Now if we could just get people to stop referring to us as "Hotlanta".  The person who coined that term should be locked in a box and shipped to North Korea.  C.O.D., of course.

1 comment:

  1. I know right.

    The stores still have milk and batteries. Folks came in to work on time. Shocking.

    ReplyDelete