Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This is not an Infomercial

As I mentioned a while ago, after 13+ years of hard-fought sleep wars Jeff finally seceded to the guest room.  He gets much better sleep now, but I can't say that I'm thrilled with the arrangement.  I don't see how it's my fault that he can't get any sleep when I'm rolling around all night kicking him.  Men can be such babies! 

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago we were watching TV and a commercial came on for the Sobakawa® Cloud Pillow™.  I can remember saying something like "That looks like the least comfortable pillow in the history of mankind.  What dumbass would sleep on that?"

A couple of days later Jeff handed me a Macy's bag and said "Here's a little something to keep you company at night."  I opened the bag and found....my very own  Sobakawa® Cloud Pillow™.  Apparently he thinks I'm the right kind of dumbass.  He has a strange sense of humor.

We opened the box and tossed it around a couple of times and made all the requisite jokes.  Then I set it aside, fully intending to return it and spend the money on something I really need (like Smirnoff Ice).

That night I decided, just for laughs, to give it a try.  And......Holy crap - how much do I love that thing?!?!  It's the best pillow ever.  Best. Pillow. Ever.  The only thing I don't like about it is the size - it's really small.  I think it comes in bigger sizes, so I'm totally buying a bigger one.  All that bullshit in the commercial?  True.  Completely true.  You can even put it in the freezer if you like a cold pillow.  I freaking love it.  Love it!

Naturally, Jeff takes full credit for his genius idea.  Whatever.  He out smart-assed himself, as usual.  He better not try to take my new pillow to the guest room.  I'd hate to have to start sabotaging his nights. Again.

Disclaimer: A lot of people make money by monetizing their blog or doing product reviews for pay. I'm not one of them.  I don't have a problem with bloggers making money, but it's not my thing (and it wouldn't really work with what I do here). This entry is just my opinion about an item my husband gave me as a joke, nothing more.

2 comments:

  1. Act now! This incredible pillow won't be in stock for long. The first 500 comments wil receive this six pack of Smirnoff Ice as our free gift.

    You won't pay $99.99! You won't pay $89.99! You won't pay $79.99! Make just 4 payments of $39.99 plus plus tax and $14.99 s&h.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way on the Smirnoff Ice. It's mine...ALL MINE!

    I actually haven't had any Smirnoff Ice since last year (as part of my weight loss plan). When I told Jeff, he said "Wow. A whole 6 weeks." He really needs to work on positive reinforcement.

    ReplyDelete