Friday, March 4, 2011

The one where I get a couple of extra dollars

Guess what I got yesterday?  MY (petite) BONUS!!!  That's right, folks.  In the 2010 world of real estate land development there was a bit of "scratch" left over, and some of it trickled down to me.

Do you know what this means?  We're going to LIVE people!  Sure, it's not the same bonus I received in 2007 (the last time bonuses were paid by my employer).  It's barely 10% of the bonus of yore.  But still!  It's money I didn't have a couple of days ago.  Although technically I don't have it now either, since Jeff took the check away from me as soon as I showed it to him. *sigh*

I've got a good feeling about this year, especially since at this time last year I was just happy to have a job that didn't require a hairnet and a vinyl apron.  Bring it 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment